Conduit Rodder Apply to Push or Pull Cable in Electric Conduit
Here we talk about the conduit rodder mainly points a rodder, which working underground, such as conduit, duct, pipe, for push or pulling cable and wire. And we named this rodder for conduit rodder, conduit push rods or conduit rod as its working environment. You can find a range of sizes for the conduit rodders measured in millimeters from Ean machinery. They will typically range from 4mm to 16mm. Additionally, Fiberglass is the most important material for conduit rodders, we also call this rodder as fiberglass rodder.
Which is the Suitable Rod Size for any Given Application?
When rodders being pushed through the conduit, any rod will show its trajectory tend to form “sine waves”, hitting the wall of the conduit at certain intervals. each time the rod comes in contact with the wall of the conduit, it causes friction. The friction will build and eventually prevent the rod from being pushed any further. Large rod in small ducting is a good situation, but reduced flexibility of the rod may cause increased friction in the tighter bends.
Here is usually governed by several factors including:
- The size of ducting is to be pushed through
- The distance the rod is to be pushed
- The number and tightness of bends in the ducting
- If the ducting is already occupied by cable
Hot Sale Duct Rodders
Instruction of conduit rodder
- Protectint Drawing Head:For using conduit rodder normatively, drawing head should be protect well (conduit rodder usually design with coppersurfaced drawing head, which could be tighten or screw off), and shouldn’t be broken. When using conduit rodder, you should pull the drawing head through rod guide firstly, then threading, pulling and cleaning conduit.
- Minimum Bending Radius:as the Material characteristics of fiberglass conduit rodder is hard and brittle. You’d better maintain the minimum diameter of bending and can’t be less than 80 cm. In pipelines or other construction environments, where the angle of the pipeline is right angle or less than 90 degrees, special care should be taken to protect the traction head from being broken off. When pulling out from drain, some precautions should be taken to prevent the conduit rodder from being damaged (cable pulling rollers is the ideal tools to be using at corner).
- Working Temperature: the range of temperature is -40~+80℃, which fiberglass conduit rodder could work safely. So during Construction process, you should avoid any inappropriate behavior. Conduit rodder should been far away from supercooling or superheating objects or environment, the product should be placed in a cool place to avoid prolonged sun exposure, rain shower.
- Max. Pull Strength: 2.5 tons is the maximum linear traction of FRP conduit rodder, it means you can’t push or pull the rodders with high-power mechanical at angles ≤90°. Otherwise, it will shorten the service life greatly.
- Using Cable Grips: When using a rodders in large cable constructions, you can not directly pull the cable with a rod. Using a drawing head to pull a cable grip and tie the cable with a cable grip. Then the rodder’s service life will be greatly improved. A kind of cable pulling rollers to improve work efficiency, protect the conduit rodders